Jefferson City, Mo. — Missouri is loaded with Hidden Treasures; unique places and attractions, off the beaten path, just waiting to become the next big thing. The Missouri Division of Tourism and VisitMO.com think these places are already big things, so they want to familiarize you with some of these jewels—and, they’re giving away some stupendous getaway packages to prove it . . . no purchase necessary. Interested?
Look for the special, 12-page “Hidden Treasures” insert in the May/June edition of Midwest Living magazine. The flyer is filled with photos and descriptions of some of Missouri’s hidden treasures: ever hear of The Rusty Jug, or Dick’s 5 & 10? How about Warm Springs Ranch or Overlook Farms? No? Well, you have some treats in store.
Oh, and let’s not forget the “giving away” part. You can register to win—remember, no purchase required to win—Missouri getaway packages valued at $150-$450; plus, the grand prize, a SIMON® Gift card valued at $500, compliments of Battlefield Mall and Independence Center. Still interested?
Here’s a quick look at how the giveaway works:
- No purchase required to enter.
- To submit an entry, simply navigate to VisitMOtreasures.com. (Details, rules, and a prize list are posted on the site.)
- Every Friday morning, April 20 through June 22, three winners will be drawn at random, to receive a Missouri getaway package, valued at $150-$450. Winners will be notified by email at noon, CDT.
- Weekly winners will be announced on VisitMO’s Facebook page.
- You must register each week, beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, to be eligible for the following Friday’s drawing.
- You can only win the weekly drawing once; however, all winners are eligible for the grand prize.
- When you register online, if you agree to share the contest information through Facebook or Twitter, you are also eligible for the grand prize, a SIMON® Gift card valued at $500, compliments of Battlefield Mall and Independence Center.
- The grand prize winner will be announced on VisitMO’s Facebook page at noon Monday, June 25.
- You can follow the giveaway on VisitMO’s Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest pages, using the hashtag, #VisitMOtreasures.
VisitMO.com is the official tourism website for the Missouri Division of Tourism.
About the Missouri Division of Tourism
The Missouri Division of Tourism (MDT) is the official tourism office for the state of Missouri dedicated to marketing Missouri as a premier travel destination. Established in 1967, the Missouri Division of Tourism has worked hard to develop the tourism industry in Missouri to what it is today, an $11.2 billion industry supporting more than 279,000 jobs and generating $627 million in state taxes in Fiscal Year 2011. For every dollar spent on marketing Missouri as a travel destination in FY11, $57.76 was returned in visitor expenditures. For more information on Missouri tourism, go to www.VisitMO.com.
# # #